Friday, April 20, 2012

Maarten Van Der Horst for Topshop



The Maarten Van Der Horst for Topshop collection launches today and following the equally botanic-tastic splendours of the Mary Katrantzou collaboration, it's (in my books at least) even more exciting. God knows I'm a sucker for a good juicy leaf. The Hawaiian blazer is definitely my favourite piece (although I sort of wish an matching pair of trousers could have been slipped into the mix too) Really like the addition of some hot pink jersey pieces (crop tops and cycling shorts for those who dare..) which would be pretty perfect for wearing in the garden whilst dozing and listening to the Olympics on the radio come the summertime. Or for camouflaged disguise behind the equally rosy latest issue of The Gentlewoman. Although the print will make the collection very easily distinguishable in public, I'm actually looking forward to seeing someone waltz past me head to toe in verdant ferns; it'll makes a nice change from florals. Plus fellow comrades in the Maarten Van Der Horst appreciation society deserve a good old high five, which is exactly what such a sight would warrant. High five!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've just confirmed to me i need some of this in my life, argh!!noodles it is then for the rest of the month :)

Joana Chaves said...

I gotta say, not loving the tropics here. However, the pink and the sandals are really killing it for me :D

Enter my 100 followers giveaway!

Duck said...

Argh, I love this stuff but I've still got my heart set on Stella McCartney Hawaiian resort collection...

amy, said...

absolutely love love LOVE x

jose said...

I like the print. Makes me think about 80's garden party movies.

I'm tired of seeing mass produced floral print and that stale-womb haut couture look on girls.

Afra Klinkenberg said...

This is so exciting! Hight five back!

Mamma's Vintage Goods said...

I love your outfits! This one is perfect.

Annushka said...

Looking forward to this collection, a great post and blog!!
xx

littleblackdress said...

Loving the outfit just bring on sumer 2012 :)
lbd x