Thursday, July 22, 2010

rainbow hair

looking back to coachella, it was the middle of the day with the sun at it's highest and most merciless and Joanna and I were taking refuge in the shade of the Gobi tent. crowds were a pleasing size before the 5pm swathes that arrived with the cooler afternoon air. while we lay on the grass completely motionless bar the occasional flapping hand to shoo a fly, I spotted this girl standing a couple of metres away and spent a while staring at her head, completely mesmerised by her hair. with it's rainbow colours it reminded me of a handful of pick and mix sweets (it was just as appealing.) I didn't want such an incredible hairstyle to get away undocumented so thank you to the girl (whose name I never found out) for being so obliging (in a quietly baffled sort of way) when I asked to take her photograph.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Wish I had the guts to do something like this with my hair. Or even just to dye the ends!

Mash said...

love love love :)

Jessica Yu said...

I can't stop admiring girls who do what they want because they love it.

I actually hate colored hair but knowing she rocks it makes me love it

proletkult said...

guess i would look as the girl on the right! :D it's cool... but only for a few days.

Anonymous said...

so so cool! I like it :)